The mind is a funny thing. It feeds you visions of all the amazing things you know you can do, but once you actually step out to do it, your mind can turn on you and start feeding you lies. Suddenly, you hear the voices of fear trying to give you a million reasons why you should just quit before you’ve even started.
As a performer, there are so many things I have told myself that I could not do and then proved myself wrong. As a dancer, I told myself that I was not strong enough to dance on pointe or flexible enough to do a full split.I even started to give up on auditioning because I I didn’t think I would ever be able to learn choreography as quickly as I needed to, but by the time I graduated I had learned to do ALL of those things.
As a singer, I had convinced myself that I could not hit the high notes, that I don’t sing loud enough, and that I’m not able to show my emotions through song. As I continue training my voice, I realize that not only can I do all of those things, but I can even do them well once I stop listening to my fears!
With each new accomplishment, I realize that I am capable of anything I put my mind to. It’s my own fears and insecurities that are causing me to hold back. So now that I’m aware of it, what can I do to break this mental pattern of self-doubt?
Understand that this journey is not going to be easy. You will have to fight for your dream like you’re fighting for your life. Are you willing?
If the answer is yes, then it’s time to prepare for War! Your mind is half the battle, but There are new battles to face every day as you live your dream…
- You will stand out from the crowd. Are you willing to stand alone?
- People will not understand you. Will you change so that people accept you?
- People will try to discourage you. Will you start doubting your talent and your plan?
- People and situations will try to come into your life to distract you. Will you stay focused on your goals?
- Your own Mind will try to fill you with fear saying.”You can’t do it, You’re not enough, It’s too late, It won’t work.” Will you listen to those voices and let them slow you down, or will you remain encouraged and determined?
You are a soldier in training. Stand up and fight like a Warrior. Remember that your Ammunition is Faith! Fight for your Dream and Fight for your life!